Thursday, August 10, 2006

HS and my Thursday

      It's probably not good to keep bringing up my exclusive, signed copy of Hal Spacejock. I've been told that me having an exclusive, signed copy of Hal Spacejock is inducing fits of jealousy in other people not so fortunate. Well, we can't have that. So I will stop bringing up my exclusive, signed copy of Hal Spacejock. Someday soon...
      It was a busy day for me. I worked at my job in the morning and then spent the afternoon attempting to sell ads for the local theater group. I sold some, but mostly the people I needed to see weren't in or were busy. This is taking a lot more time that I expected, and it's time that I need to be spending on other projects.
      Oh, as soon as Hal Spacejock is available at Amazon.com, I'll post it here. I think it would make a great Christmas present for the SF reader in your family. Did I mention I have an exclusive, signed copy of Hal Spacejock?
      I enjoy being creative with the ads. I'm attempting to make each ad different from the others. Not easy with 30 ads and a limited range of sizes and colors. I also want the ads to look good and get attention. The ads hang on a wall at the theater. The wall is black so the ads need to be bright and stand out. I hoped to have all the ads sold by August 1, but it looks like I will be selling them clear into September. No matter how many are sold, I have to stop September 15. That's my deadline. I have other things to concentrate on then, and they can't wait.
      Soon the patron drive will be over. It's gone okay so far. I'd like more patrons, of course, but we're doing pretty well for a little town our size. I just wanted the last drive I did to be over the top. Still, I have something good for the next patron driver to build on. What more could I ask? Well, overwhelming success and fame, actually. That would be nice.
      I keep telling myself every day that I will be in bed by eleven that night. Doesn't seem to happen. It's nearly 11:30 now. Just not enough hours in the day. That's what I want. A bottle of extra hours. Sprinkle a few out when you need them. Wouldn't that be cool.
      Well, it's time for bed. I'll lock my exclusive, signed copy of Hal Spacejock into the laser protected, robot monkey guarded safe, and call it a night now. Pleasant dreams and have a great tomorrow.
      Night!

13 comments:

Simon Haynes said...

Oh great, now the blog stalking author has a deranged psycho fan ;-)
(Now I KNOW I've made it.)

SBB said...

The funny thing about this is that Simon doesn't know that I REALLY have a couple of lasers and a robot monkey (head). Shhh. Don't tell him. He's in Australia; he'll never know the truth until the robot monkey army overwhelms the nations of the world and I crush them all! BWAHHHHAAAAAAAA!

::coughs:: Really, how does Dr. Evil laugh like that? It tears my throat up.

Gloria Williams said...

Perhaps his laugh is prerecorded!
:)

Simon Haynes said...

It's stored on a microchip embedded in the fingernail of his pinkie. In tiny writing it says 'To laugh, bite me'

SBB said...

So that's how he does it! Cool!

Anonymous said...

Now that Simon has revealed my secret, he must die! Seize him and strap him to the speakers at a Madonna concert!

Haha HAHA BWAAAHHHHAAAAA!

Heh.

Slim said...

Sadly enough Tech does own a couple of lasers. I didn't know about the robot monkey head but I bet it came from Sharper Image. Tech is a geek but he's our happy little geek.

I refuse to talk about Tech's exclusive signed copy of Hal Spacejock anymore.

Great. Now he has ME doing it! ;)

SBB said...

Actually I only have one functioning laser at the moment. The other burned up several months ago as long-time readers of this blog know, and I haven't had the money to repair it or purchase another one.

And I don't really have a robot monkey head, but here's where you can see the Sharper Image robot monkey head that Slym mentioned. It's mighty cool in a creepy way. Hey, they should offer a Clunk Robot Head!

Robot Monkey Head

And notice how I didn't mention my exclusive, signed copy of Hal Spacejock

SBB said...

Sort of, Amber. A distant cousin maybe, but Hal is no Stainless Steel Rat.

Gloria Williams said...

The monkey head is disturbing. I wouldn't want it in my house.

Michelle said...

There really are robot monkies.

*speechless*

Simon Haynes said...

Neat monkey head. Do the lasers shoot from its eyes or somewhere else?

SSR? No, not quite. Here's Hal's diary

Unknown said...

You have a laser and a robot monkey? Uh, where do I place my order? :)