Monday, August 14, 2006

Mikey goes to school

      Here's my boy with his school backpack. Isn't he a handsome lad? I pray daily that school and life are kind to his innocent heart. So far, he's enjoying kindergarten. He remains a great joy in my life even though I don't see him as much as I would like.
      Notice that the backpack is nearly as large he is! But my little Mikey is growing up. One part of me is glad. Another is sad. That's life. All our joys carry sadness with them. I guess to make us appreciate our blessings.
      Well, it's late, but I promised I'd be here today. And I'll be there tomorrow, God willing. Have a good night and great tomorrow. See you then. Night.

11 comments:

Trixie said...

Awwww, look at him! All full of hope and smiles!

Simon Haynes said...

Cute ;-) I remember when ours first went off to school - one used to cry and make a fuss, while the other couldn't wait to get out of the car and do cool stuff.
Kids, eh?

Gloria Williams said...

What a boy! I love that smile. I remember when my daughter went to the first grade. I think I cried for a week but never in front of her.

Rain said...

What a adorable young man! Best wishes for the both of you.

SBB said...

Hope and smiles is a good way to describe him, Trixie.

SBB said...

I guess every kid is different, Simon. But they'll all alike in needing love, support and fun. Wait, that's me, too! And naps. I'd like to have more naps.

SBB said...

Mikey does have a great smile, Gloria. He's just plain great! :)

SBB said...

Thank you, Rain!

Trixie said...

Let's all get kindergarten nap mats and start taking siestas!

SBB said...

He's very sweet, too, FF. A very loving little boy always ready to play.

SBB said...

That's a great idea, Trixie! Can you get that cleared with my boss?