Monday, August 07, 2006

Can't say no

      Are you asking, where has Tech been the past two days? No, you're not. No one is asking. (Edited to add: EXCEPT FOR FRENZIED FELINE WHO IS GUARANTEED TO GET TO RULE A GOOD COUNTRY WHEN I CONQUER THE EARTH.) But the rest of you are are out there having your own lives. Frankly that chaps my hide. You're supposed to wait here until I return. You need to arrange your life around me. We'll all be a lot happier. Well, I will be, and I think we're agreed that's the most important thing ...
      As to what I've been doing, I've been working frantically on projects for the theater group. Oh, I have news: They elected me vice-president. Yes, I accepted. Yes, I'm not very bright. Let's all sing that song from the great musical Oklahoma: "He's Just A Boy Who Can't Say No." Are you singing? Really? Hmm, I didn't think you would. What else would you do if I suggested it? I must think on that as I work on my robot monkey army.
      By the way, for those who know about it and are participating, Knaves is nearly here. Are you ready? I'm not, but I will be soon. I think.
      You know, I get asked every now and then why I choose to make robot monkeys instead of human robots. When that question arises, I look the questioner in the eyes and then shoot him with my laser gun. Some people you just can't reason with, and that includes people who would ask such a question.
      Yes, I've lost it. Although there's a good chance that I never had it to begin with. Consider that.
      My back is better. I'm still walking with my cane, but it's much better. My back is better, I mean. My cane is always fine. Except when it has a headache or when it slept badly the night before because it had that dream again where it was a toothpick in the mouth of life.
      Ahem. No, I didn't forget to take my meds. Why do you ask?
      Today, I received a package from Australia! No, I'm not kidding. I won a book in a contest a month or so back, and it came today. The book is Hal Spacejock by Simon Haynes. It's comic science fiction. I've read two chapters, and so far, it's very funny. A longer review will follow when I finish. I just wanted to mention that it's really grand of Simon Haynes to mail a book all the way to America. Awesome.
      I'm going to bed now. My robot monkey army will just have to wait until tomorrow to rise up and conquer the world. Night!

18 comments:

SBB said...

FF, I've since edited the post to acknowledge your devotion. It will be rewarded! ;)

Gloria Williams said...

Just because I'm not commenting on your posts doesn't mean I'm not here!

I think this shows a lack of faith on your part. My feelings are hurt. I think I deserve a country, too. :)

SBB said...

Sorry, Gloria. You can have Canada. Or Sweden. Whichever you prefer. Or would you like somewhere warmer?

Michelle said...

Hmmmph. If you had one of those stat counter thingys...then you would know who has been visiting several times a day to see if anything new has risen.

*sigh*

I am just not the nagging type...

(glad your back is better :)

SBB said...

Michelle, you get two countries! At least two! And a whole legion of robot monkey servants!

Trixie said...

Hmph! I've been reading, but haven't always had the chance to respond during the time I was dog sitting. However, for the right to rule Switzerland, I could be persuaded to respond several times a day on your blog!

SBB said...

The land of money and chocolate is yours, Trixie. You might want to take yodeling lessons, though. I hear it's popular there.

SBB said...

Fine, FF, everyone gets TWO countries. Gee, give a person one country and suddenly they all get greedy.

Wait, that's the way I started on my quest to rule the world. Could it be that FF is actually my arch-nemesis????!!!!

Tune in next time for another chapter of Robot Monkey War Rumble!

SBB said...

Uh, FF, hmm. I don't like surprises. The last surprise I had involved a person coming after me with a gun. Just the paperwork from that alone kept me awake for months.

And I already know that my tux photo looked like an ex-boyfriend of yours. That seems ominous. What terrible plot have you hatched? After all, you do live in California! Who knows what villainy lurks in your suburban heart?!!!

SBB said...

Well, gee whiz, other power-mad super geniuses get arch-nemesises. Why not me? :(

Trixie said...

Oh, I see the scheme now. Yes I do. Refusing to post didn't get enough traffic, so Tech and Frenzied have started a virtual game of "Risk".

I chose Switzerland to maintain neutrality (Not to mention it's my favorite place onn earth). Hmm. I better go see what the anti-Switzerland is so I can balance my portfolio.

Tech, I think you should acquire a photo of Frenzied in her prom dress.

SBB said...

Excellent idea, Trixie! You will be my Commander!

FF, post a picture of you in your prom dress and you may link to my tux photo.

SBB said...

I'm waiting.

SBB said...

You buried it?!!!

Erudite Redneck said...

Pore Tech is daid!

Pore Tech man is daid!

But he has a fringe on top!

SBB said...

::Frowns at ER:: Stop torturing that cat! Oh, wait, I didn't realize that was you singing. Me bad. :)

Trixie said...

I am concerned about this robot monkey army. Will they have blogs of their own? Do they have blue tuxes as uniforms?

Michelle said...

HA! I miss all the fun...