Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Explanation Of My Survival

When

Darkness draws close and I hunger
for the killing pain, the final fury
and the dead quiet ever after --
When I'm weary, sick of living
in this world where evil rages free
and good lies captive of fearful hearts --
When I long to finally shatter
and let the jagged bloody pieces fall
pass my silent and uncaring hand --

Then

I remember holding you in
the awkward cradle of unsure arms
as you looked at your three-month-old world
with brightly curious eyes and waved
tiny hands and actually smiled when
I made inane baby talk and in
that moment, I gather the pieces
of my heart, shake off my burdens and
let the light shine down on me once more.

Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

dang me...that one made me cry.

Can I have a copy of that?

jeannie diane said...

Good Morning,
Isn't wonderful when you look into
those sweet eyes. It is why we all
shake off all the crap of this
world. Thanks for sharing with us.

I got your family paper yesterday.
I was very impressed. I hope I can
get ours going soon.

SBB said...

Help yourself, Michelle, as long as the crying was a good thing and not a bad thing. :)

Thank you, Jeannie. Did you get the Christmas or January issue?

Erudite Redneck said...

Awe. Some. Dude.

SBB said...

Thank you, FF.

SBB said...

Thank you, Gloria.

SBB said...

Thank you, ER. Hey, when is that lovely wife of yours going to blog again?