Monday, August 29, 2005

Ouch

      I went to the gym today and over-did it. Way over. I was okay until I stopped moving and sat for a bit watching TV. And then I was still okay except for most of my body was pretty well shot. (My left ring finger is fine. Doesn't ache at all.)
      I also realized that I was more shallow (shallower?) than I had thought. While wrestling with my involvement with the local theater group, it occurred to me that I'd be happier if someone would just pat me on my head every now and then and say, "Good job." The whole group has problems with appreciation. Well, really the whole world does. We humans are quick to pull down but slow to build up. We should really work on that.
      I need to take a couple Advil and go to bed. Catch y'all tomorrow.

6 comments:

Trixie said...

Way to go, Tech! Sorry you are hurting after going to the gym, but hooray for you sticking with it! Something happened to me when I hit the three-month mark at the fitness center -- I just quit going. I need to get myself back to it. You're inspiring me to recommit.

Mark said...

I know that the only thing that is required to motivate me is a pat on the back and an "attaboy"

Gloria Williams said...

I promised not to nag, but watch yourself in the gym! Don't OVERDO! That wasn't nagging. It was yelling. :)

Michelle said...

A pat on the shoulder...or even head is always a nice thing to have. Just appreciation for efforts, we all deserve to have that.

Great job on the gym...youa re better than me.

Unknown said...

" I also realized that I was more shallow (shallower?) than I had thought....it occurred to me that I'd be happier if someone would just pat me on my head every now and then and say, "Good job.""

That's not shallow: that's being a good human. The NUMBER ONE complaint workers--from waste disposal personnel to even VPs--is the lack of appreciation from fellow human beings.

If it just took a paycheck to make humans happy, we'd never have existed. (Do the great apes show appreciation giving cash to each other? Did Adam and Eve have paychecks?) Or if we could live on the fruits of our works alone, we'd be solitary omnivores.

Slim said...

The war of weight is something we all have to fight. I personally like love handles on my lovers. It gives me something to hang on to! :)