Thursday, August 18, 2005

Long day

      It's been a long day. I worked at my regular job until 1 p.m. and then took off the afternoon so that I could work at the theater cleaning it and setting up for the patron party this evening. Then I worked the ticket booth and oversaw the party tonight. My feet ache, my back aches, my arms are tired, and my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. But tonight officially ended the patron drive. We ended up with 46 patrons, 13 more than last year. That might not seem like much, and it's four less than my goal, but it means more money for the theater and more people in the seats. So it was finally a success. And the party tonight went well. I got a lot of compliments about it. It's something to build on for next year.
      I still have to update the web page and do a few other things, but the majority of my tasks are finished for a while. I intend to be firm in saying "no" for the next couple of weeks.
      By the way, y'all should go over and wish Michelle of Soul Patches a happy birthday. I always feel that everyone deserves as much humiliation ... uh ... recognition on their birthday as possible. By the way, look at her photos while you're there. They're quite good.
      And now I'm going to call it a night and lay my weary bones down to sleep. Have a great night and a wonderful tomorrow.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow. Thanks Tech. Your thoughts mean a lot.

Congrats on the successful party!

See? There is just talent oozing out of everywhere. ;)

Unknown said...

Wonderful job, Issac. You deserve the rest.

Gloria Williams said...

It's good to know that the demands on your time will be less. Maybe you can get some rest. I seem to recall that you had surgery not that long ago!

Slim said...

I hope you got some rest and are ready to post a lot!

SBB said...

You're welcome, Michelle.

Thank you, Joel.

I'm just about healed from the surgery, Gloria. Just some nerve numbness and a bit of pain sometimes when I overdo.

I will, Susan.

I'll try to pick up the posting rate, Slim.

Sometimes it feels that way, FF, but lots of other people do lots of other stuff, too. It's a community effort. Although I think I did more than my fair share this time.

Jean said...

Congratulations. Excellent job. Thirteen more patrons! That's huge.