Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Complaints

      I discovered something irritating last night: All the work I did Sunday night designing a program for the local theater group's production this weekend was wasted because the director had already made a program. It ticked me off. Not so much that my program was better but that I wasted three hours of my time. Time is very precious to me these days. If I'm having to take time away from my personal projects, I want it to be worth the sacrifice. It didn't help either that everyone's attitude about it was hohum, big deal. Made me grit my teeth, but I didn't blow up. They're in dress rehearsal now and will open Thursday night. No reason to make a stressful time any more stressful than it is. However, I won't do a program again unless I'm certain that my efforts won't be discarded. Life is too short.
      Mikey started school yesterday. The pre-K program. He doesn't like it. Sigh. I was hoping he would take to it from the start. I'm sure he will grow to like it. He likes other kids, but he's not too keen on their lessons or how they order him around. He gets that honestly; I was the same way.
      It has rained, rained and rained here. I know we need the rain, but it makes it impossible to get out and enjoy the remaining days of summer. My internal clock says autumn is coming, followed by the dreaded winter. Man, I hate cold weather, absolutely hate it.
      I didn't get to go to the gym yesterday. Didn't feel like it, actually. My IBD flared over the weekend, but I'm back on my meds for it, and it's better. There are a lot of things I hate about IBD, but I think the time it steals from me is the one I resent the most.
      Okay, enough complaining. It's time to start the day.

4 comments:

Gloria Williams said...

I dread winter, too, but the climate is better down here. The Gulf keeps it warmer.

CrystalDiggory said...

In another life, I lived on an island. I just know I did. How else can you explain being homesick for places you've never been?

SBB said...

Susan, it did.

Gloria, I might visit.

Amber, you know exactly what I'm talking about when I say I don't like winter. And thanks for the encouragement on the exercise.

FF, I might visit you, too!

Crystal, I've felt that longing for blue water and white beaches myself. Homesick is a good way to describe it, but I've never been there.

Michelle said...

Ya know, I can't say that I dread Winter. I like cooler climates just not the dreary days that sometimes accompany them. But here, the Winters are full of sunshine, even on our most snowiest of days. Hard to explain...but beautiful to experience.

And Tech, you can visit me too, I will give a nice tour of the coastline here.