Friday, October 29, 2004

      The link for the first chapter in my book has been removed. If you missed out, I'm sorry. It would have changed your life for the better, solved all your problems, made you healthy, wealthy and wise! Well, maybe not.
      Speaking of the book, I'm done with the writing! I first put a period on that sentence and then decided that it deserved an exclamation point. This weekend I will spend on error correction and formatting and then printing it on Sunday so that it can go into the mail on Monday. At last.
      I feel relieved. And excited. But mostly relieved. This stretched me and my writing in unexpected ways. I thought several times that I wouldn't be able to finish it, but I did. I'm not foolish enough to think I'm done with it -- I have several chapters that need more work, Chapters 7 and 12 particularly -- but I met my deadline. On my computer sits 92,151 words. That will be about 400 pages when printed. It's a bigger stack than you might think.
      I also feel sad. I know this story. Some details might change, some new subplots added, some old ones removed, but I know this story. This story is told. I know there is more in the future for the characters; I have the outline for a sequel, but for now, their loves, laughter, sorrows and adventures are done. Godspeed my strange and dear creations. You touched my life. Thank you, and I hope to see you again soon. In a book.

6 comments:

Trixie said...

Wow, I get to be first to congratulate you!! That is PHENOMENAL! I look forward to hearing more about the process now that you've completed the initial writing and story-telling. Cheers to you ... and I hope you celebrate long time.

Unknown said...

Yeah! Happy dance sent your way.

CrystalDiggory said...

Woohoo! Hope you're thinking of an appropriate (or inappropriate) way to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! I'm so proud of you I could bust!!! :):):)
-Susan1

Anonymous said...

Tech, Congratulations on your accomplishment. I hope you realize that by finishing the book and sending it off this week, it is the beginning of a whole new life for you. Soon you will be on a new journey. Good Luck! I can't wait to read the rest of the book, especially after it is bound and on the bookstore shelves! susan2

Michelle said...

Hmm well that's not very fair to those that just happened to stumble upon your site. With grateful eyes I would have consumed your words...

I enjoy your writing. Thanks! :P