Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Hodgepodge

      Apparently the hit counter site XCounter has died. If you have a counter from them, you need to change it. I chose Amazing Counters as my replacement. Check them out. Email me if you need help.
      I added a new blog to my Blogs of Interest. A Southern Belle's Musings has lots of good writing and links. It's a good looking site and worth the visit.
      I'm coming down to the wire on the book. I'm simply concentrating on fixing the large things and not worrying about the small things. It won't be as good as I'd like it to be come November 1, but it will be finished and in the mail. I'm going to take a week off from it and then come back and polish it to the utmost of my ability. Even if this agent doesn't accept it, I think it's strong enough now to find another one. And if he does, I want to polish it anyway to increase its chances of publication. If all goes as I expect, I will have the final edit done by Christmas. It will be a Christmas present to me. At that time, don't be surprised if a suspiciously large text file shows up in your inbox.
      Thank you to my friend Randall who called me tonight and reminded me of the lunar eclipse. Despite a cloudy sky, I got to see the reddish moon. Absolutely awesome.
      You guys aren't blogging enough. Get to it! Don't make me come over there!
      Thank God the election will soon be over. I'm keeping the TV off just to avoid the glut of ads. What's worse are those recorded political phone messages that some computer calls me with at least twice a day. Listen, guys, I'm just one vote. Go bother someone else. (Of course, it only gets my answering machine, which means one machine is talking to another machine. Soon they will be voting for us, too.)
      It was hard to count points on Weight Watchers today. My stomach kept thinking of that delicious golden chicken of yesterday. It got a Subway salad instead. It's not happy, but it's full.
      Gotta to get back to the book now. Good night and God bless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Next time you go to Subway, consider one of their veggie sandwiches.