Monday, April 22, 2013

S is for Supernatural

Yes, Supernatural. That show with Dean and Sam. I confess to being a fan. It reminds me of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but in a way, it's more realistic and grounded ... if you can apply that to a show about vampires, demons, witches, ghosts, ghouls, etc. I confess I'd like a bit more humor and a bit less angst, but the writers do a good job. Although ... exactly how many times will Dean and Sam be killed and brought back? That's a story line that the writers have drained dry. Time for a new narrative ... or new writers. And could they get a girlfriend or two that doesn't end up dead or isn't revealed to be a demon or some other nasty creature?

Still, those quibbles aside, I'm still watching. Eight seasons later. I hope they go on for eight more.

No comments: