Thursday, August 04, 2005

Don't get me started

      I'm not one for debate on the Net. For one thing, I've seen too many so-called debates become vicious flame wars. Or if not that, then someone gets his/her feelings hurt and goes away in a huff. For me, it's not worth it.
      Besides I know I'm probably not going to change your opinion and you're probably not going to change mine so why waste our time together? I'd rather look for the things we agree on and talk about them.
      But the other day, I got invited to join a debate on another blog. I got riled up, I did. I went in with elbows flying and shot here and shot there and generally behaved like the Hulk on a bad day.
      Afterwards, when the red haze had disappeared from my eyes, I was abashed and a bit embarrassed by my anger. I prefer to maintain a certain civilized tone in what I say and do. I thought, Well, let's not do that again.
      But then I get an email from a young lady who says that she never finds me sexier than when I'm in full storm and that I should do it more often.
      What do you think of that?

5 comments:

Trixie said...

I think she's right. And your words were brilliant. It was good to see more of that side of you.

Michelle said...

I agree with Trixie, and the young lady.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Trixie and Michelle. And the young lady - although I wouldn't use the word sexy. But I might, too! :)

Gloria Williams said...

I don't usually go to that blog and read it, but I did find what you had written. Moving, powerful and awesome. I noticed the only response to it focused on a word in it, rather than the ideas expressed in it. I don't think they could handle an opponent who so obviously knew his position and knew precisely how to defend it and present it. You should cross post it over here. It's worth repeating.

Unknown said...

Don't do it! She's into S&M. :-)j