Thursday, January 19, 2012

Unintentionally

The other day I made the mistake of asking a friend of mine how he was doing. He said fine, but I had question him further. I should have let well enough alone. At the second question, he unloaded his problem.

It was a big one. He's cheating on his wife. And has fallen in love with the other woman. But he's still in love with his wife, too.

I felt immensely weary as he shared this knowledge that I had unintentionally asked for. I like his wife. I like his mistress. I can see nothing in this except pain for all concerned.

I even caused some, because he wanted my support, my understanding, my concern. And I frankly didn't feel like giving them. I couldn't stop myself from judging him, from pointing out the consequences of this foolishness. I became jury and judge.

Not that I told him anything he didn't already know. But who appointed me to add to the guilt? We didn't fight. In fact, I told him I'd pray for him, and he thanked me. But I felt sick after we hung up. What terrible things we humans do to the people we love and ourselves.

All in all, a depressing day. I'm glad it's over. Tomorrow will be better. But probably not for him.

Buy 2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: