Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This and that and that, too

Didn't walk today at the gym. Had to meet a few friends at Rib Crib to celebrate a friend's long-awaited divorce. Nice meal, but I was stuffed afterwards. I think my stomach is shrinking because I used to be able to put away a meal there and then some and still be able to shove more food down my throat. Oh well, those days are gone, and it's good that they are.

Worked on my D20 list all day and got 16 items checked off. I didn't make a D20 yesterday, and my productivity suffered. For better or worse, I'm a list man. That works for me. Have you tried it? I think most busy people use some way of keeping their priorities straight, and I think lists are the way that most use, whether it be on paper or on their computer screen or phone. I like the simplicity of paper, although I have used my computer before. But a computer is hard to carry. I know people who use their phone, but mine doesn't have that capacity as far as I know. Besides, the screen is too small.

Drank a Dr Pepper today. Don't usually do that, anymore, but needed the caffeine boost. And it does help, although I have to watch how much I drink and how late I drink it. Caffeine keeps me awake when I should be sleeping. Since I've mostly cut soft drinks out of my life, I've lost most of my resistance to caffeine. Too much, and I began to buzz around the room unable to concentrate on anything in particular for very long. I also don't need the sugar.

Sugar is my big addiction, and if I have a little of it, I want more of it. Lots more of it. One doughnut will lead to four or more, so best to not have that one. But resisting that one -- whoa baby, that's hard.

Well, that's enough for today. Going to watch the Leno monologue and his Headlines (if he has them) now. Hope you're having a great week.

Order Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: