Saturday, January 07, 2012

Black dog hunting

Been having a real problem with depression the last couple of days. Time of the year, I guess. Money problems, health concerns, etc. The usual worries. The boring usual worries. The black dog isn't particularly inventive. No, it just hammers at me with all the old failures, all the old invectives, nothing new. No use talking about it; it's all been said before in a hundred ways. No use crying about it; too many tears over the years, and they don't do much.

No, I endure. Take my vitamins, get some sunshine if possible, write, talk to friends, exercise, play computer games, listen to uplifting music, do small chores, get lost in a book or three. Been here before. Will probably be here again. Just have to endure until the black dog goes wandering. Yes, there are meds, but I've never found them much help.

See, the black dog doesn't expect to overwhelm me with a sudden savage attack, although it has tried that before. No, it hopes to wear me down. To grind my hopes and dreams into nothingness. To end me and all I believe and strive to attain.

That's what it does. That's what it does to me. That's what it does to you.

But what the bastard doesn't understand is that I've fought this battle many, many times before. And I'm more than its equal. I'm its better.

You are, too.

Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now on sale!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: