Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Twitter Story

Decided to try to tell a story on Tweeter today. Here it is in its tweet form.

My Lunch Alone

This girl winks at me at lunch & after making sure she's not winking at anyone behind me, I smile back & she nods & I nod then I realize...

I should know her. Her face is familiar. In fact, I realize I'm winking, nodding and smiling at a woman I ran from about 6 years ago 'cause

she's freaking crazy & not in a good way. A you-can't-have-any-other-friends-or-I'll-make-your-life-hell way. & I think, please don't come

over here, but of course, she does because Life really enjoys a laugh at my expense. She said hi. I said hi. She said are you eating alone?

So I said I was meeting a friend, but of course, she stood there until it was obvious that either my friend was criminally late or dead.

So I faked a cell phone call and told her I had to take it, but she just nodded and STOOD THERE while I talked to nobody and I began to

sweat like a racehorse and finally ended my fake call. And she stood there some more telling about how things were in her life -- she was

alone she said, and I don't reply because I don't what to say, and then she asks if I'm dating anyone and I said yes yes yes and laughed

horribly and then she smiled this slow sinister smile and said bye. So that's how my lunch alone went. I'm never going out by myself again.

***

I enjoyed the attempt. I'm going to try again when I have a little story that will work within the space confines.

Going to bed now. Talk to you tomorrow.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I think you could parlay that into your next novel. Just remember, if you make everything about your fictional stalker the opposite of what she is, she'll never know that it's her, and she won't think you're secretly pining for her.

Jean said...

Uh oh. EJ let the cat out of the bag on that one. ;)

Anonymous said...

Where's the "like" button on Blogger?? ;)