Tuesday, February 08, 2011

First of the rest

I feel like I've been swimming upstream since January when I consider my goals. It seems ages ago that I brightly shared my plans for 2011. Little did I know that illness would kick me and my goals in the teeth (although it felt like it aimed somewhat lower).

Still, I'm recovering. Not as fast as I'd like, but I've had more good days than bad lately so things are getting better. Still have this hacking cough and am tired more than I'd like.

I got peppermint oil as suggested by Wendy and have been using it as a "pick me up." No, I don't drink it. I have a diffuser candle and use it in that. I really think it works. Maybe it only works because I think it does, but not going to argue with anything that helps.

I finally have the first 100 pages of Floozy & Other Stories uploaded to Lulu.com for the eventual posting on the online retailers and intend on uploading the rest Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Then I'm done with it. Well, except for formatting it for Kindle and the Nook. Sigh. New projects that I will learn from, right? Right.

Tons of snow here. Will sure be glad when spring arrives. I function better with warmth and sunlight.

Anyway, next week I will be starting the real work on Murder by the Mile. I'm hoping my subconscious has been busy writing us out of the difficulties the book posed. We'll see then.

How are things going for y'all? I hope you're reaching your goals, but if not, remember that old cliché about today being the first day of the rest of your life. As hoary as it is, it's also true. You can always start again fresh. I'm believing and acting on that myself.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com

1 comment:

Jean said...

At least now I know where this hacking cough I can't get rid of came from. Thanks, Buddy!