Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Take the night off? I don't think so.

So a good friend told me to take the night off from Floozy. It's well known -- 'cause I've been grousing about it -- that this first edit is frustrating me. She thought a break from the editing and formatting might ease my tension. But people who know me well know me better than that. I won't be less tense until I have the first edit off to my first proofers. So no nights off.

The good news is we draw ever closer to the end of the first edit. Once that is done, 50 percent of the work of producing the book is done. There will be plenty of problems and hurtles left, but we will be able to finally see the end. I'm looking forward to that.

And after I send it to the first proofers, I will take a night off ... before I begin work on the cover and publicity!

Hope you have a great day tomorrow. Hope things are going well for you. Wish you would comment and let me know you are there and how you are doing. It's lonely out here. Talk to you tomorrow.

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com.
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in HARDCOVER at Lulu.com.

Buy MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here! I'm looking forward to reading Floozy, but if you wanted to take a night off, or a long break, that would be okay, too. Take care of yourself!

Gail

Anonymous said...

Hurtles can really hurt, might I suggest hurdles instead? ;)

Wendy said...

When you get the book sent to the readers, I would love to know about your cover and publicity process. I hope to be Lulu'ing another book this summer--it was so broke I have to edit to get to the first draft--and my first attempt at solo Lulu was less than stellar. No hurry, no pressure.