Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Nervous Wednesday

It occurred to me this morning that I probably won't feel like posting for the next several days so I thought I'd ramble on a bit and tide you over until I can get back on here.

Tomorrow morning, of course, is the scope into my lungs at OKC. I hope to be back home Thursday afternoon sometime, but we'll see how it goes. Sometimes they keep people overnight, depending on how it goes. I dread the side effects of the test -- apparently you feel like you have the flu afterwards -- but they're supposed to pass in 24 to 48 hours.

It's unlikely I will get any results until early next week. I will let you know as soon as I can what they find. I would appreciate your prayers during this time.

The James Rollins book I ordered (The Doomsday Key) came in yesterday afternoon so I have a book to look forward to reading. Woohoo!

I'm getting closer to affording a farm house on FarmTown. I have plans for orchards, fields, a river, and even a gazebo or two. My cousin Joni has created a hedge maze on her farm. I might try that.

Just finished reading that the event horizon of a black hole may be "fuzzy" instead of a clearly defined limit. In other words, instead of it being a point where you "Abandon all hope," it's more of a region where it's easier to take a step forward than to go back so you keep going until eventually you can't go back without having access to the entire energy of the universe. Stephen Hawking came up with this, and a lot of people are upset with him, because -- take a deep breath -- if it's true, then cause and effect are unrelated, at least at the quantum level. No, I don't understand it, either, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Anyway, I was thinking about time and a black hole and about how time might be "fuzzy," too. That maybe we could go back in time if we had access to enough energy, and if we could, what would we do? (Ignoring all the science, of course, that says time can't be changed.) Maybe a question better not asked as we can drown in regrets and might-have-beens if we're not careful.

I intended to post this post this morning, but didn't get it done so now I'm going to post it at lunch. But this post will be posted today! I think. No, no, it will. Probably ...

It has got too hot. Yes, I like warm weather, but this is crazy hot. I don't like it. Fix it, okay? Don't put it off. I'm just going to get grumpy. Well, grumpier.

I'm going to bed early tonight. At least that's the plan. I won't be on the computer again this evening. Y'all have a good day tomorrow and spare a prayer for me if you can. Talk to you later.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep you in my prayers and be thinking of you tomorrow. I'm glad you at least have a book to look forward to while you're recouping.

I'm pretty sure black holes are fuzzy, too. The one in my house toys with me all the time!

Not sure I'd want to go back in time if I knew what I know now. There are definitely things I'd change, but who knows if it would still lead me where I've been since, and some of those things I wouldn't want to give up--meeting cool friends online, for example. :)

Take care of yourself this weekend.

{{Hugs}}

TL said...

We'll be praying for you Tech. Take care...

Jean said...

I hope the test went well today.

I haven't approached my farm with nearly the planning you seem to have put into yours. I like your orchard area. I put mine too close to the plots, but I still think I can make it work.

Take care and have a speedy recovery. Praying for good news.

Trixie said...

Just checking in to see if there's an update from today. Thinking about you and saying a prayer that things went well and you're feeling OK.

Erudite Redneck said...

Just checking in. I'm keeping up and I'm giving what little I have to "hold you up" prayerwise. God holds you, no matter what. Peace.

Hang on, brother.

--rm

Anonymous said...

HEY for those of you still waiting! I went to his facebook and he is home and feeling ill. Things went well but he will be looking for results monday or tuesday. Last posted on sunday saying tired of feeling sick.
roen