Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl 42

      It's half time, and my team -- well, actually the team I'm cheering for since it's not like I'm on the team or own any of it -- is ahead. Yes, I'm rooting for the New England Patriots. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers just performed. Age has slowed them down some, but they still sounded good. The commercials don't seem to be as good as in the past. As always, the beer commercials are the best. I guess they spend the most money on them.
      Game is back on, but I'm going to finish this post before I return my attention to the action. I didn't do much this weekend. Napped, laundry, housework, MBTA, and worked on a critique of a novel for a friend of mine. I went out to eat with some friends of mine on Saturday night, and I had a good time visiting with Nancy, Nick, Kyra, TL, Melissa and Eric at Applebys. That was the first time I've been out since I got sick.
      I'm still not completely healthy. Have a lingering cough. And lack energy in a major way. I'm hoping that improves over the next few days. But I am much better than I was so I'm getting there.
      I'm going back to the game now. Hope things are going well for you. Have a great week! Night.

6 comments:

Trixie said...

Hi Tech. Glad you felt well enough to get out again among the living. I hope you continue to improve this week, though it does seem to go so slowly. I haven't seen any of the game (ho hum) or commercials since I'm not televisionized, but plan to look at the ads online. Feel better!

Jean said...

After Green Bay got knocked out, I didn't really care who won. I choose to root for the underdogs, and I wasn't disappointed. At least the game was close and mattered to the end. I was most disappointed about how the last second finished up.

As the reassembled for the final snap, all I could say was, "Don't lose the ball." That would have added some excitement, but not of a particularly good variety. That last second ending put a real damper on things.

Unknown said...

Your team didn't win but it was a great game. The lead changed so many times in the last quarter I didn't know who would win.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the living! wonderful news that you felt good enough to go out. The part about working around the house does not impress me you would come back as a house elf (yah maybe an evil one but...). Good to hear from you !
Roen

SBB said...

I'm trying to get well, Trixie. It's just taking too long!

It was a good game, Jean, despite everything.

Kent, the outcome was in doubt right up to the end. Made for an exciting game.

House elf, Roen? I have you know that I would only be a Grey or Copper elf! :)

Anonymous said...

I was with Jean and rooting for the underdogs. My son, a huge Green Bay fan, wanted the Pats to win because they beat out his team. Ah, revenge....

I took a nap in the middle of the game and when I came back nothing had changed. I missed most of the commercials, but intend to watch them online. I have to agree with you that they (the ones I have seen) weren't as good as they have been in the past.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. :)