Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday Evening

       Well, I got a lot done on the house -- not finished, of course -- but I struggled with Murder by the Acre. I can't seem to get in the flow. The story is there, I can see in my head, but getting onto paper -- or on the computer screen -- is like swimming upstream. Against a strong current. While pulling a boat. Sigh. It will come. I have faith. I've had this happen before, and if you keep writing -- and the story is there in the first place, and I think it is -- eventually the writing will flow again.
       Hey, is anyone else having trouble with spell check on Blogger? Mine hasn't worked for a couple of weeks now. I thought it was a Blogger bug, but if no one else is experiencing this, then it's my system. Let me know.
       By the way, I posted earlier today in case you're one of those people who only read the top post. And you know who you are.
       Frenzied Feline, Michelle and Kent did the Book 123 Meme that I tagged them with. (Kent answered his in the comments on the meme.) We're still waiting on Trixie and Jean.
      It rained most of the day here. And it was cold, but not cold enough to turn to ice. And that's the weather report today. I'm going to close now. Have a great tomorrow. Night!

7 comments:

Jean said...

It's set to post tomorrow morning. Don't worry.

Pushy, pushy, pushy. (grin)

Anonymous said...

Rainy days are always good days for cleaning. Since you can't be productive outdoors, might as well be indoors.

But then, there's always snuggling up with a book... :)

Anonymous said...

Ya'll ought to go read Michelle's book meme. Funny what turns up with an arbitrary assignment! ;)

Kirsten said...

If you use Firefox as your browser you'll always have a spell check. It works in any text box, which is especially nice for commenting on blogs.

The rainy day was school catch-up day for me. Would've rather been cleaning.

Trixie said...

Can't manage much more than to say "Hi Tech!" I'll do the meme when I'm feeling a bit better and have an ounce of energy. Your flow will return soon. Just wait for it.

Michelle said...

The spell checker hasn't worked for me either.

Keep paddling :)

SBB said...

Jean, I'm not pushy. I'm just encouraging you!

Yeah, FF, snuggling up with a girl sounds good, but I stayed busy anyway. (I know you said book.) And I read Michelle's meme. I have nothing to add to that!

I keep intending to try Firefox, Kirsten. I hear lots of good things about it.

Trixie, get well! I'm thinking of you.

I'll keep on keeping on, Michelle. Thanks for the encouragement.