Thursday, February 21, 2008

MBDD comes through

      Tuesday, I received a very nice surprise in the mail. As most of you know, I've spent the past several weeks ill. As a result, I haven't promoted Murder by Dewey Decimal any. In fact, I had sort of given up on selling any more of MBDD since Christmas was over. I thought I might sell more when Murder by the Acre comes out. Anyway, I received a small check in the mail from Lulu. With no promoting by me, without me hovering or worry, MBDD has continued to sell on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Buy.com and other online retailers. I was surprised and pleased. My little book is still selling. How about that?
      Anyway, I hope things are going well for you. I'm working the January family newsletter and should have it out this weekend. I should also finish my last audio critique of Jean's techno-thriller Twilight. And of course, I need a couple more thousand words for Murder by the Acre. And housework, laundry, paying bills, errands, etc. The usual.
      I think I’ll close now and get to bed a bit early. Take care and have a good tomorrow. Night!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for MBDD! But I don't know why you're surprised. It's a good book. Of course it will sell.

SBB said...

Thanks, Gloria.

Anonymous said...

It must be all those great reviews! ;)

(Naw, it's like Gloria said--it's good!)

Kirsten said...

How cool! (And it's definitely good!)

Jean said...

Congrats on another check for MBDD.

Everyone, I love the way TECH does critiques. He's simply phenomenal! (And, no he doesn't butter me up and rave about how wonderful my book is. He's giving it good tough love -- which is what I was counting on him to do.) Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Erudite Redneck said...

Very cool, dude.

Erudite Redneck said...

BTW, I'm not one to hover, show up unexpected with chicken-noodle soup, send balloon bouquets and such, but I was pullin' for you when you were sick, and I'm happy that yer better!

SBB said...

FF, the reviews certainly help!

Kirsten, thanks!

Thanks, Jean. And I appreciated you letting me crit your novel.

Thanks, Michelle!

ER, thanks. I appreciate the support.