Thursday, February 14, 2008

Book meme 123

       Kirsten tagged me for a meme a couple of days ago, and I keep forgetting to post my answers. Here it is.

BOOK MEME 123

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)


       Your Own Worst Enemy by Kenneth W. Christian. The book is about adult underachievement and how to overcome it in our lives. I have found it to helpful in restarting my creative energies as well as dealing with some negative attitudes I have.

Find Page 123.

       Done. Well, that was easy. No, wait there's more.

Find the first 5 sentences.

       Also done, but I see there's still more to do.

Post the next 3 sentences.

       "In the contemplation stage you acknowledge that you have a problem and begin to consider what it is and whether you can change it. During contemplation you would still prefer not to have to change but begin to weigh the trade-offs of standing pat versus acting. You may alternate frequently between waiting to take action and resisting it, question your ability to change, and feel moody and irritable."

Tag 5 people.

       Let's see. Who will be tormented? I tag Trixie, Frenzied Feline, Michelle, Jean and Kent. Those without a blog may answer in the comments on this post. And remember this is Kristen's fault.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!

Crystal

Anonymous said...

Great meme! I bet there are some intresting answers :). And do you put a peroid after the smiley? doesn't that look like a mole on it's chin? Or maybe the smiley is a punctuation mark? Sorry mind wandered and i wanted to ask a writer who should know.
Roen

SBB said...

Right back at ya, Crystal!

You'd put a period after answers, one space, smilie, another space and then start a new sentence. And you know, it does look like mole, Roen!

Kirsten said...

At least the only things you can blame me for are tofu and books!

And thanks for playing.

Anonymous said...

Roen--it's a "beauty mark."

;).

SBB said...

My pleasure, Kirsten.

LOL, FF.

Unknown said...

The Bible (yes it really was the closest)
"And thou shalt make upon the breastplate chains at the ends of wreathen work of pure gold."

I guess they were making some holy jewelry.