Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday morning again

      Well, the Patriots lost the Super Bowl. But they played hard and the game was close so I'm not terribly disappointed. My favorite commercial was the one for Coke where the huge balloon characters battled it out for the bottle and Charlie Brown won. The funniest one was where Justin Timberlake got beat up for Pepsi Stuff. His repeated encounters with the mailbox post made me laugh out loud.
      I've been trying to restart Murder by the Acre. These weeks of sickness have really taken the wind out of my writing sails. I've got to get immersed in the story and characters again. I'm hoping I won't have any more delays this time. It's hard to get back into it after being gone so long.
      During all the recent nonstop coughing, hurricane-like sneezing, and projectile vomiting, I pulled a muscle on the right side of my chest. It's really quite painful, particularly when I raise or move my right arm. Been using a heating pad, Advil, and deep-heating rub. That helps, but I'll be glad when it's healed.
      Speaking of being ill, while I was at one of my doctor's visits, he prescribed a drug to settle my stomach. It's available as a pill or a topical rub. "Or, if you prefer, you can have it in a suppository," the doctor said. If I prefer? Are there actually people who say, "Yeah, man, I want a suppository! Wahoo!" I did fine with the rub and the pills, thank you very much.
      That was at my first visit to the doctor during my illness when I still had some spunk left in me. By the second visit, I was past caring. They took blood, gave me shots, poked swabs down my throat, collected other body fluids, thumped my chest, recorded my vital signs -- twice, etc., in an hour-long parade of medical procedures. I didn't ask any questions. For all I know, they were training new nurses on me. That would explain why one of the nurses told me that I wasn't pregnant after I peed on that stick.
      Otherwise, not much to tell you. I mentioned my get-up-and-go had got up and went some time ago. I got a postcard from it Saturday. Apparently it's left the country and is now living in Paris. I'm hoping it will return soon. Time to get ready for work. Talk to you later. Have a great day.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Well, at least if your giddyup is in Paris, it should have some interesting stories when it returns!

My favourite commercial was Audi's Godfather spoof. The used oil instead of blood was a particularly nice touch.

Trixie said...

My favorite was the T-Mobile commercial with Dwayne Wade and Charles Barkley, but I did like the Budweiser commercial too. There were very few really good ones this year, in my oh-so-humble opinion. They have lost their luster.
Man, I sure hope you start feeling better. I am holding out hope, because at least your humor is showing through again.

Erudite Redneck said...

Glad yer alive! I liked the big balloon spot best, too.

SBB said...

I hope so, Kirsten, but I've noticed that my giddyup is pretty tight-lipped about its adventures. I liked the Godfather one, too.

Yeah, Trixie, I didn't think the commercials were as good as in the past.

The big balloon was best, ER. And it was so cool that Charlie Brown won the Coke. It's good to see him win.