Sunday, July 16, 2006

Roundup of a weekend

      Friday, I worked all day. That night I watched Stargate: SG1 and Stargate: Atlantis. That was the notable things.
      Saturday, I worked on finishing the patron drive. I also went to Wal-Mart and did laundry and other housework, but mostly I worked on preparing over 600 mailings for the patron drive. It basically took all day, but I got almost all of it done. In bad news, apparently the house central air unit has broken. My house got hot.
      Sunday, I woke up with lower back pain and a stuffy head. I watched my church service on TV. I finished the patron drive and drove to the post office and mailed the patron invitations. Then I came home and basically vegged. House is still hot. I hope I can get a repairman out to work on it this week.
      Now you're caught up. Not all interesting, eh? Well, what else can I tell you about?
      Saluton. Kiel vi nomigas? Mi nomigas Tech. Gis revido. Pacon.
      That is Esperanto. An invented language that the makers hoped would become an universal language. I ran across a mention of it in a book and thought I'd research it a bit. Look it up and see what you think of the idea.
      Esperanto seems to be a fairly difficult language to learn, however. I think I'd devote my time to Spanish if I were going to learn a new one. I have a feeling that knowledge of Spanish will become more and more important as our nation gains more Hispanics.
      In college I took both Spanish and French. Now I've lost almost everything I've learned. Just a handful of words remain.
      Tomorrow I will be dieting in a strict and terrible fashion. I have to get my weight under control. Period. I refuse to spend the rest of my life like this. See the Great Slim Down for more details of the weight war.
      I'm going to bed now. I have a fan blowing on the bed. I hope that helps. Last night wasn't very pleasant. Have a good night and a great tomorrow.

2 comments:

Simon Haynes said...

Just to let you know - you won a copy of Hal Spacejock through my blog.
Cheers
Simon

CrystalDiggory said...

I like the picture of the sun. That looks pretty cool.

You're not making coming back home sound very appealing. Try to have the heat wave completed in the next few days!