Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mad

      You're probably going to think this is another preachy post from Tech. You'd be right, but I'm going to talk about how to regain your fire, your zest for life. And one way is to get mad.
      That's right. Mad. Angry. Furious. We're not talking about tantrums or fits or heading for a high point with a rifle. We're talking about looking at the obstacles in front of you, rolling up your sleeves and steaming right forward, and God help anything in your way.
      What? This from the nice, pleasant Tech? Yeah, let me tell that anger has propelled me forward many times. When people say I can't, when they try to stop me, when they stamp on my dreams, I get angry. I get determined. I get serious. Anger can be a gift.
      We spent a lot of time in our society in saying that we shouldn't get angry. We're all supposed to be so quiet, so trusting, so naive, so accepting, so ... limp. That's wrong. Anger is fine as long as we channel it, as long as we use it to achieve our goals and dreams, as long as it gives us fire in our veins.
      Naturally anger can lead to dark places. That's the danger of any powerful emotion. But if you're sick of evil pretending to be virtue, if you're tired of people making a mess out of our natural world, if silence feels like it's choking your hopes, then that's the time to get angry.
      Maybe you need rediscover the power of anger. Maybe the world is busy ignoring you or saying your time has passed. Maybe you made some mistakes in the past and gave up some things that you should have been held on to. Or maybe things have been taken away that belonged to you. You need to put on your emotional armor, get up and fight back. Lower your head. Grit your teeth. Take a step. Cross the line in the sand. What are you waiting for? Someone to rescue you? It might not happen, and then where will you be?
      Get up. Get out. There is a world of possibility out there. You deserve it. Don't let yourself be a doormat. Don't let yourself be trampled on. Get up off the ground and get out there in the world.
      There are obstacles that need their shiny butts kicked. I think it's time we all got on with it.

3 comments:

Trixie said...

Tech, I think you saved my life tonight. Thank you.

Watch out world, I'm kicking butts and taking names! GRRRR!

SBB said...

You're welcome. I hope it's helpful for you. I know you've been taking some hard knocks lately. I've got faith in you and your courage and determination. You can make wonderful things happen.

Trixie said...

Wow! Talk about getting a true blessing today -- thank you so much.