Monday, July 10, 2006

Hit and miss

      I know the entries here have been hit and miss over the past couple of weeks. I've been wrapped up in catching up on my various projects. I'm still not caught up from the time I lost when I was ill, but I'm getting closer. Of course, I realize that I'm setting the schedule and I could adjust to accommodate the disruptions. But the pressure keeps my juices flowing. Or something like that.
      I've been asked why I fill my days with so much activity. My brother has said that we are a "compulsively busy family." I guess that's true. My siblings and I always have three or four things going on at the same time. We are not leisure people. Even our downtime is filled with activity. But for the most part, we're not harried. It's our pace. It's how we live. We're not happy unless we're concentrating on something.
      Every now and then, I'll sit down in the back yard and watch the clouds. That seems to be enough to keep my battery charged most times. Perhaps that will change as the years roll along, but I know many people who are active in their 80s and 90s. I can see myself being one of those if I'm lucky and my health holds.
      A lot of people who blog seem to be active people. Maybe it's an indicator of bloggers. A way to tell them apart from the regular population. Or maybe it's just that we're all a little crazy. Could be.
      I'm going to call it a night now. Y'all have a great night and wonderful tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gloria Williams said...

You are busy. I don't know how you get everything done. You make me tired. :)

SBB said...

Apparently the comments are hit and miss, too! :)

Gloria, I bet you could run us all in the ground, too.