Friday, April 14, 2006

Mikey

      Mikey is in the tub. His papa is giving him a bath. I'm sitting here looking at the ruin of my living room. Candy, toys, candy wrappers, Nerf guns, Crayons, clothes, balls, movies, cups, plates and more are scattered everywhere. All of this happened in the four hours that Mikey has been here. It's going to be a lot of work to clean tomorrow night after he's gone, but right now it just makes me grin.
      It's the work of an active, bright five-year-old boy who's been having a whole lot of fun. We all have. He's a real joy to have here. And if we're lucky, we're going to get to have him next weekend, too.
      When I get to complaining again, remind me of him and wonderful he is. He makes a lot of things bearable.
      Good night. I hope you are having as much fun as I am.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It does make it bearable. It makes all things...bearable. The messes, the exhaustion. Then there are the giggles, the grins and the happy sparkling eyes of a child.

Glad you are having fun!

Erudite Redneck said...

Souhds like *our* place after my step-granddog and step-granddog-in-law -- a months-old and 3-year-old Boston terriro -- left! :-)

CrystalDiggory said...

I'd love to see some pics of him now!