Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Facts & fancies

      For those who want to know and even those who don't:
      - Today was the 95th day of the year, and we have 270 days left to go before 2007.
      - The Debt Reduction Plan (All Hail Dave Ramsey) continues on pace however slowly. Another credit card will be paid off in October of this year.
      - In that huge stack of mail that built up while the play was going on, I found a really cool postcard from Michelle. Thanks, Michelle! I'll scan it and post it.
      - We've had wonderful weather here. Sun shining, cool temps, a few white clouds in the sky. Last week, of course, we had hail, driving rain, high winds and a tornado watch. Oklahoma weather: If you don't like it, stick around and it'll change. Often in the same day.
      - Have you even noticed that charity fund raisers usually sell candy or other high fat food? You never see one that offers weights or jump ropes or other exercise equipment. There's a reason for this.
      - Speaking of weights, I've got to get going to the gym again. Bummer ... I mean, hurray! I get to go to the gym! Hurray!
      - I have to start saving for a computer. Mine seems to be limping along so far, but I don't know how many longer it will continue to boot. I'll need to upgrade software, too. Grrrr. At least there seem to be several deals out there on computers. Donations, anyone? Anyone? Cash, money orders, checks accepted ...
      - It's a long way until the new Stargate season starts. Doctor Who just doesn't cut it.
      - The cast of the play I directed gave me a $50 gift card to Wal-Mart, a ceramic elephant on which they signed their names (an elephant was mentioned in the play) and a card. I appreciated their appreciation. I used the card to purchase a new pair of blue jeans and another plant and fish for my aquarium. (I'm afraid Churchill killed the other fish off. I hope this new one lasts longer. Or at least is able to gasp out a dying message to the authorities that will finally end Churchill's reign of terror.)
      - Today I was clearing out email, and I came across a folder that I had forgotten was there. Nestled beneath two other folders sat a folder with over 400 emails in it from a former love. It gave me quite a start. I debated just deleting it, but instead, I opened it and started reading the emails. It had been long enough that the terrible end didn't overshadow the joy and humor of those early notes. We were besotted with each other. I skimmed them trying to understand where it went wrong, but we had done our fighting in person so I learned nothing new. Finally, I closed the folder. My hand hovered for a moment, and then I deleted the folder. Would that memory was so easy.
      - A friend of mine told me this joke today: The bank robbers had tied and gagged the bank cashier after learning the combination to the safe and had herded the other employees into a separate room under guard. After they rifled the safe, the cashier made desperate pleading noises through the gag. One of the burglars loosened the gag. "Please," whispered the cashier, "take the books, too. I’m $7,500 short."
      - The postcard that Michelle sent. Cool, eh? It's Lava River Cave at Deschutes National Forest, Oregon.

      - And now I will close. Have a great evening and a great day tomorrow.

8 comments:

SBB said...

No one has commented so I thought I'd be first for once.

FF, the carpet doesn't have a label on it. I'll try to call the company and see if they can tell me who made it. I'm sure they'll know.

SBB said...

For you, FF, anything! I called the store, but the girl I talked to didn't know anything about the carpets. I'm going to have to go down there and look at the display ones. I'll try to do that this weekend.

Yes, it's a great postcard!

Michelle said...

Sorry, I have tried commenting several times, but I kept getting an error that "This page is currently unavailable."

At any rate, glad you liked it.

SBB said...

Within reason, I hasten to add! :)

I was having trouble getting to the comment page, too, Michelle. I guess Blogger was having problems.

CrystalDiggory said...

Hey, I want credit for commenting, too. I tried yesterday but it didn't show up. At least, no one can prove any differently...:)

SBB said...

Consider yourself credited, Crystal.

SBB said...

Don't be disappointed, FF. After all, what I'm willing to do might include all sorts of things. As long as it doesn't inconvenience me in any small way, I'm always willing to help ... :)

Michelle said...

Hmmmm, makes a girl think. :)