Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Chores and snores

      That's what I've been doing since the play closed. Chores and sleeping. Admittedly it's only been two nights, but I can see a pattern in there. And it's okay. I'm behind on mail, bills, blogging, writing, laundry, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, planting, raking, weeding, clearing, etc.
      I pulled out Darkness, Oklahoma and started reading it last night. I've been away from it for a month, and I'm finding all sorts of things to fix, explain and rewrite as well as add. Figured as much. Last night I was reading a couple of pages, and for the life of me, I couldn't remember having written them. They weren't bad, either. Either I'm slipping -- which I suspect -- or someone is writing the book for me -- I hope they continue.
      I did my last duty for the play today. I met my roomie down at the theater, and we loaded the couch and the chair onto his truck to be returned to the furniture store. Now that set only exists in photos and memory. As do the performances of the play. It's sad. Bittersweet, I guess. Life is like that. It moves on. You get brief shining moments.
      I hope your day had a few of those moments in them. Talk to you later.

9 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

I've been trying to take my Mom to a little mountain village and ski resort (don't worry I'm going to bring her back, too), but every time we head that way it starts raining really hard. Today we made it to the edge of town before the rain forced us to turn around. I was feeling a little frustrated.

Then we saw half or a rainbow in the sky. The colors were so brillant, none of this soft, pastel stuff, but vivid purple, yellow, blue and green. That would have been amazing enough, but then right in front of our eyes, we saw the other half of the rainbow form in the sky. We actually saw the colors racing down the sky to form a huge, gorgeous rainbow. We all just gasped. If we had kept going towards the mountain village we would have missed it. It was definitely a shining moment.

Powersleeper said...

Just dropping in for a momment. Glad to hear all is going well.

SBB said...

That's awesome, Crystal. I hope your mom is enjoying her visit out there. She might like it so much that she won't come back to Oklahoma. Hey, if she stayed out there, she could help you move again.

SBB said...

Powersleeper! It's been forever. An email or a post would be nice. How are you doing? What's happening in your world?

SBB said...

It's possible, FF. I don't know if I'd know if I did that. I might think it was all a dream. I could be dreaming this right now ...

CrystalDiggory said...

Yes, FF, she'll be here for another 10 days. But, it's still raining -- in fact, a few minutes ago, it was hailing, nice big pieces...The weather's been a little crazy today.

I would LOVE for her to stay and help me move, Tech, but she's craftily timed her departure for about a week before the big move.

SBB said...

Your mom is smart, Crystal. I hate moving. It's never fun.

You could always ask her to stay and help. She might.

CrystalDiggory said...

I would but it would involve her rescheduling her flight home and that would be a hassle and expense for her.

SBB said...

Or just ask her to live with you and your son. That would free some time up for you.