Monday, April 17, 2006

Computer break ... or I need to break a computer ...

      I've spent all evening working on the web page for the local theater group. I'm so frustrated with it and computers in general that I need a break. Talk among yourselves. I'll be back tomorrow.
      But here's a poem to keep you amused until I return. Talk to you later.

This and That

I've been thinking of friends
and how they come and go
and how I enjoy knowing
you

I've been thinking of games
and how we all play them
and how no one ever
wins

I've been thinking of love
and how it's a bastard
and how it's what we live
for

I've been thinking of the future
and how it keeps coming
and how we try to hold it
off

I've been thinking of joy
and how it likes to surprise
and how all the old cliches are
true

But mostly I've been thinking
how life isn't perfect but good
and how I love it and love
you

Copyright 2006. All rights reserved.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok so...publish a book of poetry already. Then when I need an uplift, a deep thought and the need to feel someone who understands, I can just pick it up and find it.

Michelle said...

Did that make sense? I just meant to say that I love your poetry. That's all. :)

SBB said...

Thanks, Michelle! At least I have one appreciative audience member! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Randall. How was your day? Mine is going well.
Tech, I do appreciate your work in all it's forms, But I am still waiting on Darkness and Dragons. Yes I know the second name is wrong but that what I remember, the picked on dragons.
Roen

CrystalDiggory said...

Hi Randall, Michelle and Roen,

Hope you have a great day today. I'm going to be packing and moving soon and right now, I'm still in the denial stage. That's the stage where I think I have plenty of time to get it all done. By Thursday I'll be in full panic mode! :)

Michelle said...

Hi Crystal!

Moving again? Where are you off to this time? And when are you going to take a stint in Oregon? Hmmm? Would be so cool to meet you...

Gloria Williams said...

Hello everyone! How is your day? I like Tech's poem. But I always feel dumb when reading them because they're deep and I'm not. Do you feel that way?

CrystalDiggory said...

Hi Michelle,

We're headed for northern CA. I've never been to that part of the country and can't wait to see it. My sister said there was a rain forest in Oregon? Have you heard of it? I would really like to see your part of the country, I've heard such nice things about it. :)

Gloria, I do know how you feel...although I'm pretty sure the intent of Tech's poems isn't to make us feel dumb. At least I don't THINK so..hmmm...

Michelle said...

Well if you are going to be in Northern California, then you guys have to take a drive to see the Redwoods. They sit right on the border of Oregon and Cali. It's gorgeous and it is where they filmed a few scenes from Star Wars.

The forest that stretches from Oregon up to Alaska (along the coast) is considered what they call a Temperate Rain Forest. Different from what we would normally think of a rainforest, Tropical. It is just as beautiful though. Just different... In the spring it is really amazing. The ferns and flowers are sprouting up everywhere, the streets are all tree lined and overgrown. It is like driving in another world.

CrystalDiggory said...

Wow, it sounds beautiful. We will definitely be planning a trip along there.