Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Nifty Christmas Idea 2

      My friend Joyce read my blog yesterday and called today to tell me about a recycling idea of her sister's. Her sister takes old Christmas cards, cuts the back off of them, and mails the fronts as postcards. She draws a line down the center of the cover's back, addresses them on the right, writes a short note on the left, stamps and mails. She also has blank cards that she uses by pasting a particularly lovely cover on the front and adding her message on the inside. Nifty and inexpensive.

4 comments:

Gloria Williams said...

I enjoy Christmas cards, too. I mail just 10-15 so it doesn't take as much of my time as your number takes of yours. I like the idea of using the covers of the cards on a new card. The Christmas cards I receive are so beautiful that it seems a shame to just discard them when the season is over. Recycling them into new cards is a good idea.

Unknown said...

What a cool idea. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Both ideas are very very very cool!!! I always hate to throw the cards away. This way I can use them again!!!
-Susan1

night-rider said...

I enjoy making my Christmas cards each year. They've been hand drawn, had photos glued on, been computer driven photo-collages, all sorts of things. I always just cut up thick paper that I happen to have around the house -or cheap cardboard- into a card shape that fits a standard envelope -but each year they say something about my life at that point in time. This year I found a really cool computer graphic. My original intention was to copy it and paint each one individually (about 25 on my list)but when it took 2 hours to do 4 cards I gave up and pasted a print out on the others.