Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The problem

I have finally figured out the problem with Murder by the Mile.

It's not the characters. They're quirky, funny, sad, and brave. And waiting for me to tell their story.

It's not the plot. It has its tricky moments and rough patches, but the core of it is true.

It's not the subplots. They're adding humor and realism as they're supposed to do.

It's not the writing itself. I'm not Shakespeare, but never claimed to be. I craft words. That's enough to tell this story well.

No, the problem is none of these.

The problem is me.

A lack of will.

A lack of faith.

A lack of courage.

Hard to look at me. Hard to realize I have to change again. Hard to become once more what I was and more than I was.

Easy to say. Hard to do.

But I specialize in the hard to do. It's my super power, ya know. Time to get to it.

Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more ...

Buy 2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: