Monday, January 30, 2012

A bit of talk

I have nothing to say tonight. So don't expect anything. Nice that you dropped by, though. Would you like some tea? One or two sugars? Cream? A squeeze of lemon? And have a couple of those almond drop cookies. Delicious and light. Now, let's have a bit of talk, shall we?

I do like tea, of course, but I drink it without sugar now. Sometimes with a bit of milk, but no sugar. Unless I have a cold, then I drink it hot with sugar or honey and a squeeze of lemon juice and a tablespoon of milk. Very soothing.

Have another cookie. You must be hungry. I wish I had thought to make some sandwiches. Although not cucumber or watercress. I've never had either, but they don't sound good. Apparently if you have a tea room, you are supposed to offer them. And the sandwiches have to be crust less. Ladylike or something like that.

Tuna sandwiches might be nice. Or perhaps a tomato sandwich. You've not heard of a tomato sandwich? Easy to make and surprisingly tasty. Toast two slices of bread. Spread with butter. Add a couple slices of a fairly firm not too juice tomato. Sprinkle with salt. I read about them years and years ago in a book Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh published in 1964. Harriet liked tomato sandwiches. I tried them. Wouldn't want a regular diet of them, but with a good tomato, quite tasty.

Wish I had one now, but it's too late. And I can't do more than sip the tea, or I will never get to sleep. I keep intending on going to bed at normal hours, but come midnight, I'm wide awake. Quite annoying. I'm exhausted, but can't sleep.

Speaking of which, don't mean to hurry along, but it's time for me to go to bed. Let me take your cup. Oh, take a few of these cookies. I sure don't need to have them here. I'll wrap them up in this napkin. There you go.

Have a great night. Talk to you tomorrow. Bye.

Buy 2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: