Thursday, May 20, 2010

Your input requested!

First, a big shout out and thank you to Nancy Cheper who is the first proofreader to return her copy of Floozy with a bunch of errors found.It always pleases me when the proofers catch an error so that I correct it. It also always depresses me that I made the errors in the first place. Anyway, thanks, Nancy! You're awesome!

And now I'm requesting my readers' input on the back cover for Floozy. I intended to post this image last night, but Oklahoma weather interfered. We had thunder, lightning, flickering power, high winds, hail, and tornadoes all around. Fortunately, my little town was mostly untouched. Anyway, here it is.


What do you think? Does it catch your eye? Does it make you want to read the book? Note: The back cover is shorter than the front because I have to leave room for the bar code. I have a lot riding on Floozy so any and all input is requested. Unless it's overwhelmingly negative, of course, and then my flying robot monkeys will have to visit you.

I hope your day goes well. Talk to you later!

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com.
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in HARDCOVER at Lulu.com.

Buy MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

6 comments:

AllyKatt said...

did you mean to say "got A two nuns and a goat" at the beginning there? i'd leave of that a...
other than that, i like the blurb - but the mixed colors/typefonts makes it look a little busy.

SBB said...

Good catch, Ally! The 'a' will be removed.

MuseCat10 said...

I saw the 'a' too. Nothing like stupid little typos.

As for the fonts I can understand that you are trying to copy the front but it is to busy for me as well. Maybe just keep two or three of the fonts. I may be picky here but, I think there is one to many of much ;) (Just saying)

SBB said...

Thanks, Musecat!

Jean said...

The cat duo has already identified my concerns with the image.

All that stuff blends into a mishmash and reminds me of Arabic -- which I cannot begin to read, so I don't try. Which, sadly, is what would happen to your back cover if I weren't obligated by friendship to read. I think the actual words are good.

AK Huckeby said...

Hey, sent you an email with an example.