Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wednesdaying

      Wow. This meme really got around. Michelle, Jean, Frenzied Feline, Trixie, Erudite Redneck, and Jaime all answered the questions on their blogs. The only one who didn't answer them on his blog was Adam, who sent it to me as an email in the first place.
      Super Tuesday is over, of course. Who did you vote for? Looks like oldster McCain will be the Republican candidate unless holier Hucky can pull an upset. On the Demo side, it's anyone's guess. Votes will have to decide if they like Hillary's vague plans or Obama's empty slogans. Should be interesting in a stomach churning way.
      Last night I ran a mild fever and had a bout of nausea. Very annoying. I'm ready to be healthy again. I want my zip back. Need it back to complete all I have planned. I'd like to have several accomplishments to look back at when 2009. Which is only 11 months away. Yikes.
      I will pay off a small credit card next month. Then I will be left only with one credit card and my second and first mortgage. Oh, and the loan on the new bed I purchased. The loan on the bed should be paid off by August. The remaining credit card should be paid off in November. Then I'll start on my second mortgage and should have it done by November of 2009. Then the first mortgage by the end of 2010. At least that's the plan. We'll see how it works out. Money sure is annoying - well, not having money is annoying. I haven't tried it the other way.
      Holly Lisle is attempting to start her own publishing company. The planning of it makes my head hurt, particularly as I read the many conflicting comments. I think starting a business in these days is almost the ultimate in courage. Of course, she's known for being brave and paying forward. If anyone deserves success in the publishing world, she does. If you'd like to read her current plan, go here and see what you think. Does it sound interesting to you? Would you subscribe to it? Does serial fiction still have a place in the publishing world?
      I'm reading a very interesting book, Your Own Worst Enemy: Breaking the Habit of Adult Underachievement by Kenneth W. Christian. It's about how we fall into the trap of choosing a lesser life than what we're capable of. It also gives a plan for revitalizing our goals. I've found several of my bad habits in the book. I think there's a lot of wisdom in the book, and I'm hoping to use it to make some significant positive changes in my life.
      I was just thinking about my bed loan again. I could actually pay it off in April by pushing the payoff of my credit card back until December. I think I'll do that, and then by May, I'll only have the big credit card, second mortgage, and first mortgage left. I want to be out of debt.
      Well, it's late or it feels that way to me so I'm going to close. I hope you have a good night and a great day tomorrow. Take care.

13 comments:

SBB said...

A reader sent me an email in which she took me to task for referring to McCain as an "oldster." She said I was showing age discrimination. I must correct this. I wasn't referring to his physical age -- which isn't that old compared to the age of the earth or the universe -- but to his tired political ideas. I hold elderly people in the highest regard and sometimes for ransom when my bills demand it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, watch those age jokes! Some of us resemble --- resent those remarks! :)

I read Lisle's business plan. I didn't quite understand it. It seemed needlessly complicated. Why doesn't she simply produce a regular monthly magazine? It's certainly easier to sell advertising in a regular magazine, and many companies will more readily co-op a regular print ad over a net ad. And some of the people commenting are obviously more interested in creating a market for their work than they are in helping her create a viable business. Has she checked with her local college or vo-tech? Many of them offer people who are trained in developing business plans or offer small business incubators.

As for serial fiction, I'm not interested. It drives me crazy to have to wait for your books! I can't imagine having that feeling every month as I waited for the next installment of a story I enjoyed.

SBB said...

You're ageless, Gloria!

I don't know why Holly isn't starting a regular magazine. Probably money, I'd guess. Go over to her blog and post your comments. She welcomes input, and yours may be especially important since you're a reader, not an author, and one of the people she'd like to attract to read her publication.

Unknown said...

You are making good progress on your debt. I'm going through some of the same. This is the type of battle you have to keep at it and keep at it. Even if you fall down a little get back up fall down then back up until it's done.

Jean said...

I'm so proud of you for the progress you are making in debt elimination.

I've noticed it's tougher to deal with politics as I get older. All the candidates are so disappointing -- or naive in their presentation. Don't the masses realize how difficult it is to deliver on those promises? There's a reason the incumbent hasn't been able to accomplish it, and it's rarely that they are incompetent.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to look for that book. I'm underachieving in blog commenting. Maybe it'll help me do better. ;)

Anonymous said...

Your Own Worst Enemy sounds like an interesting book. What kind of changes are you thinking about making?

Crystal

SBB said...

It's hard, Kent, but I'm determined to be debt free.

Thanks, Jean. I appreciate the support. And yeah, politics get harder to take as I get older. I'm so tired of being disappointed.

I think it has some good advice, FF.

Crystal, I'll have to post about that.

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't you be Sundaying about now? ;)

SBB said...

As you wish, FF. :)

Anonymous said...

That's more like it! ;)

SBB said...

Don't get used to it. I was having a weak moment. :)

AK Huckeby said...

I know I've been offline for awhile...this is a very busy season at work for me. After March 13th, things should slow down a bit. Hope all is well for everyone! Adam