Monday, July 24, 2006

Thankful

      Where does the time go? I just looked up and discovered it was time for bed and I hadn't posted yet. So a quick post and then off to the land of dreams. Or snores. One of the two.
      I'm very tired so I won't ramble on, but I did want to mention something. My sister and my brother-in-law were involved in a bad car accident Sunday afternoon. An elderly man rear-ended them. He was going very fast. It broke his neck, but he's still alive in the hospital. My brother-in-law got a couple of bruises. My poor sister got banged up good and several cuts, but nothing broken and she's going to be okay. I want to say how profoundly grateful I am that she's okay.
      Rain does a cool thing on her blog -- which more of you should visit -- and that's to give thanks for the good things in her life. I hope it lifts her up to write it as much as it does for me to read it.
      This idea of being grateful is a good thing, sadly underused in this day and age. We don't recognize the many precious gifts we are given. Somehow we have come to believe that we are entitled when really the only things we can be sure of is that we will live and we will die and go into the beyond. To cherish and be thankful for our joys is how we grow to be better people.
      Good night.

2 comments:

Trixie said...

I am so sorry to hear about the accident. Grateful that your sister and brother-in-law's injuries weren't more serious. I'll pray for the man who hit them.

Sweet dreams and happy birthday - not sure of the exact date of your celebration but here's hoping you have a wonderful year ahead of you!

Rain said...

Wow, sorry to hear about the accident, I will pray for all of them. I hope everyone had insurance.

Thank you so much for mentioning my site in your post. My favorite quote on being grateful,"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."~Melody Beattie author and journalist.

Also like trixie I wish you a very happy birthday! May all your wishes come true and much success in the year ahead.