Monday, November 29, 2004

You As Farmer

In the barren hills of my heart
you planted yourself with careful
and deft words, sending roots questing
deep into what I thought was dead.

Surely you sometimes thought no crop
would ever grow as you toiled in
my unresponsive soil, weeding
hidden hurts and secret sorrows.

Many times you reaped only pain
as I lashed out, uncomfortable
with the turning of my set life
and the necessary reseeding.

After all theses seasons, I must
now tell you this truth: watered by
your faith, nourished by your smile,
I have bloomed, surprising even me.

© 2004. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good poem!!!
-Susan1

Anonymous said...

I loved the poem You as Farmer and "way to go" on your DDp. I am proud of you and please do not get captured by the ugly thing of wanting to spend more at Christmas. Your loved ones want you happy and unworried by a huge credit bill.