Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fare thee well

Fare thee well

Have something to tell you
that may cause anger even (confusion)
though it's not my intent --
I forgive you for not (decision)
finally forgiving me.

Yes, that's the way it is, all
those years of contempt (silence)
you've sent my way end
here, not that you will stop (willful)
but I will no longer care.

You were never willing to shoulder
your share of the blame, (weak)
but no one made you kiss me,
no one made you love me, (wicked)
night after glorious night.

Remember all the pain
if that's all you can choose, (sorrow)
remember the sharp words
and the consuming fear (tears)
all those many years ago.

I let you go from my desire
of closure, of salvaging a sweet (mistake)
from the rubbish heap -- some
things cannot be mended or (never)
remembered without pain.

Just don't waste your life
now hating me. If you do, (wasteful)
I will live in your thoughts,
your dreams, and it's past (past)
time to fare thee well.

for B.A.

Copyright 2013 by Stephen B. Bagley. No copying in any form without express permission from the author.Thank you for reading.

No comments: