Friday, March 01, 2013

The power of the Net

I'm attempting to find a 1993 February issue of Byline magazine. The magazine is now out of business. In that issue, they published my poem "Passion." Because of lost box during a move, my copies were lost. The box has never been found. I'd like a chance to get that issue or even a scan or photocopy of the page that had my poem on it. Other magazines published the poem, and I eventually collected it in my chapbook EndlesS, but that particular credit meant a lot to me. Can the power of the Net -- you -- help?

Here's the poem:

Passion

If I could, I would seduce you
into poetry. I would run
feathery words over the bare
shoulders of your muse, touch gently
the moist secret places of your
metaphors, delicately brush
your lips with similes and plunge
rhythm and rhyme into your soul.

I would take you past the threshold
where passion and structure meet, where
one image means the difference
between indifference and glory.
If I could, I would do these things
and do them long and do them well
until when you heard poetry,
you would gasp, don't stop oh don't stop.

From EndlesS. Copyright 2008 by Stephen B. Bagley. All rights reserved. No copying without express permission. Thank you for reading.

No comments: