Thursday, November 19, 2009

The day after

My blood sugar this morning before breakfast was 266. But last night before bed, it was 215. I don't understand. I had two salads yesterday and enjoyed them. I walked 17 minutes one time and 15 minutes another. Today I will have salad again for lunch and tonight a sautéed fish fillet with a side of broccoli and green beans. Looking forward to that.

My blood sugar has always been high in the morning. It's lowest later in the evening. Don't know why.

Will be joining a gym again this evening. Should have never let that membership lapse. I did it to save money and time. But apparently at the expense of damaging my health. Bad thinking.

My 90 day plan is already going on. It's low carb all the way. I will probably cheat somewhere in there, but I sure don't intend to. Wouldn't it be cool if I was thin again? Or thinner? It's hard for me to imagine after all these years of carrying this weight.

Anyway, I appreciate your prayers and support. Know that I'm going to do my part. Feel free to nag me! I'll try to remember that you're doing it because you care about me. Yes, you heard me right, Trixie, Adam, Kyra, Eric, Gail, EJ, Jolene, Sara, Kevin, Kent, Todd, Marie, etc. You're free to nag me. But only on this subject!

Have a wonderful day. I hope things are going well for you. Talk to you later.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

8 comments:

SBB said...

By the way, I also posted at Walking to Jericho. It might surprise you what I said there, or maybe not.

Anonymous said...

Well, besides getting to nag you, I've also taken your experience as a wake up call for me. With my family's history of diabetes, I know what's in the cards for me if I don't start taking serious steps now to take care of myself. We're in this together.

I miss bread already, but I'll learn to love salads. :)

Crystal

Jean said...

You're doing the right things. Remember, it will take longer to see the benefits of doing the right things. Keep the faith, and keep on doing what you know is the right thing to do. It WILL pay off. Never give up.

Anonymous said...

Aren't salads carbs? How's your protein intake?

My parents both have/had diabetes, and they did very well on the Atkins diet. Their doc said he'd put all his diabetic patients on Atkins if he could get away with it.

Just a thought. :)

Jean said...

If you want to add some good protein to a salad, alternate with lean turkey breast and drained, packed in water tuna (I won't eat anything but albacore, but that's due to an unfortunate post lunchroom accident in grade school that I've never recovered from).

Wendy said...

How's the blood sugar been the last couple days?

Trixie said...

I am hurt that I was not named to the "Please nag" committee. Humph.

SBB said...

Crystal, we'll get healthly together ... and then lord it over our families! :)

Thanks for the encouragement, Jean! And you're the NaNo Queen!

FF, salads -- well, dark green leafy veggies are the good carbs. We're doing away with the bad -- delicious -- carbs. :)

Jean, I do that to perk up my salads. Very good. Miss the crackers, though.

EJ, it's been going down. I hit 154 over the weekend. Of course, it bounced back up, but if I can hold the line, I think I will get it back into the low hundreds again. Hope to, anyway.

Trixie, you are now officially added to the nag list. I re-edited the post to add your name! :)