Monday, November 23, 2009

Better but whining

Blood sugar in the high 100s. Much better, but I still have a way to go. Need to be in the lower 100s. It got down to 154 Sunday, but that's as low as I've got so far. I miss French Fries. I miss Dr Pepper. Why does health have to have a price, too? Yes, I'm whining alot. Sigh.

No, I'm doing okay. I feel crappy because my body is adjusting to the lower blood sugar so there will be a few more days of this general malaise as my blood sugar continues to drop. Been through this before.

Did get my Christmas tree up this weekend. Bought a smaller one at Home Depot. It was pre-lit and a breeze to put together. I'll try to post a pic of it. Nothing fancy, but a nice tree. I have a few decorations to put up around the house and a few lights for outside, but other than setting up my Christmas village, that's going to be it. I'm going to try to concentrate more on the inner joy and less on the externals this year. We'll see how that goes.

I'm going to spend Thanksgiving with friends. Already made plans. Have decided I'm tired of spending it alone. For years people have invited me to share their table at various holidays, but I've chosen to stay home and watch TV and feel lonely because I didn't have a family. I'm done with that. Now you invite me at your peril. I will show up.

I'm off work Friday! Woohoo! Going to spend it working on Christmas cards, the November family newsletter, and playing World of Warcraft. Also, there's this Ghosts story that needs my attention. I think I finally figured out what's really going on in the small town of Clement.

Anyway, I'm eating right, walking daily, praying more, trying to be more like the person I think I am -- if that makes sense. And even if it doesn't, thank you for your prayers, support, friendship ... and let's not forget ... the nagging!

I hope you're having a great day. Talk to you tomorrow.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome up here anytime!!
Roen

Trixie said...

You complain about the high hundreds. I am thrilled when mine comes down below 180 -- which it has done three times since September. Definitely better than my higher numbers which were persistently around 285. I'm so thrilled your numbers are responding so quickly! It will be OK. Obviously you are doing everything right now and you know you can blame the Dr. -- Dr. Pepper.

SBB said...

Oh, Roen, do you know what you're saying? :)

I'm sorry your diabetes is a more savage beast than mine, Trixie.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're numbers are coming down. You must be on the right track. I'll have to find something else to nag you about. :)

Crystal

SBB said...

I'm sure there's plenty of things I need nagging on, Crystal! :)