Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday 7/12: More than I can chew

      Posting 12 times in a single day is proving harder than I expected. Not much as occurred lately, other than me being sick, and thus I am lacking in material. But we will soldier on. This is, after all, the halfway point. It's downhill from here.
      We'll talk about my debt reduction plan. So far, we're still on pace. I expect to pay off my last large credit card January 2010. Then I will have only my first and second mortgage left. I will focus on the second mortgage then, and I hope to have it completely paid off my January 2011. Baring sickness, unforeseen circumstances, acts of God, etc., that's the plan. Debt-free living is still a few years away for me, but I can see that I will eventually achieve it. And if I receive any windfalls in there -- sell a book or three -- all the better.
      If I have any wisdom to share, it's this: Don't ever get a credit card. Don't ever go into debt. Don't make my mistakes. Credit cards are a terrible gift. Be wise and refuse them. I bit off more than I could chew nearly 10 years ago, and I'm still having to dine on it. Make it easy on yourself. Don't fill up your plate with debt.
      And now, having ran that metaphor into the ground, we'll close.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know this post was more about debt reduction, but this comment will kind of fit, but it's about making a little money. I was just wondering whatever happened to your idea about making a calendar and selling it. I know you talked about it before...You take some really good pictures and I know I would buy some for gifts this Christmas. I KNOW you already have a lot on your plate, but I was just wondering...

Crystal

SBB said...

I actually had one for 2007, Crystal. No one bought it besides me. The problem is that there are so many beautiful cheap calendars out there that it couldn't compete. It was a lot of work. I doubt I'll do it again except maybe a family calendar or something like that.