Monday, June 09, 2008

Moving again

      If you've been talking attention to the word count on Murder by the Acre, you might have noticed that it hasn't gone up in a while. That's because of my funk. However, if you look it now, you will see that words have been added. We are moving forward again, my friends. A bit creaky and slow, but we are moving. Not enough that I'm willing to post a schedule, but enough that I think we will have words most every day now. Thank the good Lord. It's been a long, hard dry spell.
      I appreciate the people who purchased EndlesS, all of whom are my friends and family. I've had several people tell me how they didn't like poetry so they weren't going to buy EndlesS. I'm saddened that poetry is such a turnoff to so many people. There is wonderful poetry out there, poetry that can change a person's life. But in this era of reality TV, gory movies, and violent video games, can truth and beauty stand a chance? Poetry isn't always easily accessible, but if you make the effort to read Keats, cummings, MacLeish, Tennyson, Dickinson, Whitman, even Shakespeare, I promise you will discover a whole new wondrous country to explore and enjoy. In the spirit of bringing poetry to everyone, I'll be posting a few excerpts from poems I love over the next few days.
      And now I'm going to bed. Talk to you later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tech! Things are going great here, though I do miss you guys! Keep plugging away at those MBTA words...looking forward to buying a copy! Talk to you again soon!

SBB said...

Woohoo! TL! HE LIVES!!! :)

Miss you guys, too.

Kirsten said...

Glad you're getting back to writing, Tech.

And poetry! Woohoo! Think I may have mentioned it before, but I really love Billy Collins. And Nikki Giovanni. And Mary Oliver. And Langston Hughes. And Pablo Neruda, Dylan Thomas, William Carlos Williams, Elizabeth Browning, Sandra Cisneros.... Um, yeah. I'll stop now.

SBB said...

I'm glad, too, Kristin.

And I will definitely have to feature some of those poets in my "poetry appreciation" posts.