Friday, September 21, 2007

Report on 2nd book signing

      Well, the second book signing wasn't quite the success that the first one was. In fact, only six people showed up. However, I sold six books so at least I'm batting a hundred. And I enjoyed talking with them, particularly Sharon and Richard and a nice lady who bought a book for her sister.
      I didn't take any photos at this signing other than one of the table. I was there by myself most of the time or the people didn't want their photos taken.
      Still, I appreciated the library hosting me. They don't have to do that, you know, so it was quite nice.
       This evening I got to spend some time with my family at my hometown football Homecoming. Our team lost, but the company and the band were great.
      Currently I'm typing this using the hotel wireless, supposedly to be high speed, but doesn't seem to be that. Overall, I'm not impressed with the hotel. It's clean and looks nice, but the bed is hard enough to break the will of political prisoners, and the toilet paper was made by the sandpaper division of Northern. The TV remote is missing its battery cover so every time you pick up, the battery goes rolling under the bed. You have to use two hands, one to use the remote and the other to keep the battery connected. I finally stuck a bandaid over the opening. The shower facet is one of those combined hot-cold facets, which only seems capable of producing either flesh-searing hot or glacier cold. The only ice machine is on the ground floor, someone has written naughty words on the Gideon Bible, and the desk clerk has an attitude that a Rottweiler would envy. In other words, a typical hotel room. It's fine.
      Tomorrow I'll be in my hometown at the Muldrow Library. I'm hoping more people come by. Another report then. Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow. Night!
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tap, tap, tap...

Waiting for the other report already!