Sunday, September 09, 2007

Library hosts book signing

Reprinted from the Ada Evening News, August 27, 2007

Ada library hosts book signing for author

ADA — An assistant librarian and a roving reporter make an unlikely pair as they investigate a series of bizarre murders connected with their local library. The two join forces in the newly released humorous mystery novel “Murder by Dewey Decimal” by Stephen B. Bagley.

Bagley will sign copies of his book at Ada Public Library from 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13. Books will be available for $16.95 each.

When assistant librarian Bernard M. Worthington finds the dreaded Agatha Ryton-Storer, he doesn’t know her death will begin a series of murders that will stun his small Oklahoma town and reveal secrets hidden for 30 years. Worthington, reporter Lisa Trent and Police Chief Chuck Donaldsdon must outwit a ruthless, determined murderer. What was stolen from the library safe? Who stole the Ryton family jewels? Why did old Eliah Ryton will his hideous mansion to the city? What secrets does it hold and who is killing to hide them?

“I wanted to write the type of mystery I enjoy reading,” Bagley said. “The book has suspense, humor, puzzles as well as characters I’d want to spend time with. I hope readers will enjoy the book as much as I enjoyed writing it.”

“Murder by Dewey Decimal” is the first novel in Bagley’s Measurements of Murder Mystery series. The second book in the series, “Murder by the Acre,” will be released later this year. Lulu is the publisher for both books.

For more information about Bagley’s books, plays, poetry and essays, visit his Web site at www.51313.blogspot.com. Books are available now from lulu.com and Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com, other online retailers and local bookstores this fall.

7 comments:

Jean said...

Good luck with the signing.

SBB said...

Thanks, Jean. I hope people show up. The librarian has frightened me somewhat with stories of book signings where NO ONE showed up. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I think I would require therapy if it did!

Trixie said...

Congratulations! And I'm glad you posted this for anyone in your reading audience who might be able to make it to the book signing!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm going to be there!

SBB said...

Thanks, Trixie!

I'm glad, etc! At least I KNOW one cool person will attend.

Anonymous said...

Have a great book signing! I will be there in spirit and at work in body..yuck! Do i need to send you information for the book plate too? I have not recieved mine either. Poor little book, unsigned and forgotten by her author, forced to be read by strangers(ok at least I am strange, I can't vouch for the others), butloved by many.
Roen

SBB said...

Roen, you're not strange; you're wonderful! And yes, please email me info for book plates.