Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Swim in peace, Churchill

      I'm sort of down this morning. Churchill, my goldfish, died this morning. It's weird to mourn a fish, but I had him for over five years. I got used to looking over at the tank and seeing his pretty little golden body. As near as I can tell, he simply died of old age. For goldfish of his kind, five years is ancient.
      Tonight I'll clean the tank really well, and Saturday I'll go to Wal-Mart and purchase a couple of new friends for Bo, my remaining fish. And that's life in an aquarium.
      Did you enter the April 2007 Giveaway yet? It's now open to everyone.
      I watched Stargate: SG1 last night and worked on cleaning my house and reducing the pile of paperwork that had accumulated during the play. I need to start work on the March and April family newsletters. I hope to finish the March one this week and get in it the mail and then do the April one the next week. That's the plan, Stan.
      A shout-out to TL, a friend that I met during the play. We'll just see how long it takes him to respond. His fiance M. kept me supplied with sweet tea from her father's convenience store all during the production. It's very good tea. Thanks, M.!
      Well, it's time to get ready for work. I'm very tired this morning. Didn't sleep well last night. Would like to curl up in bed and sleep to noon. Not going to happen, though. My creditors wouldn't be pleased.
    Have a great day. Talk to you later.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'd better leave a comment since I got a nasty email saying I was ignoring you! ;)

I have been in meetings all morning and yes, I do need to impress my bosses!

I'm glad you told me about your blog. I am enjoying reading the numerous postings.

And finally, I'm very sorry about your fish!

SBB said...

That's the problem with a new job. You can't be lazy yet.

He was a good fish. I remember taking his bowl on walks and to the movies ...

Actually, I'm going to miss the silly thing. Strange how we get attached to the things in our lives.

Anonymous said...

when you get more make them little and slow bo will be happer that way! Don't make him work too hard.I actually have pictures of him from when we were down last. Kinda blury but hey. Sorry to hear he is gone. Did I win yet?
Roen

Anonymous said...

Hi, TL. You'll get used to Tech whining about not getting any comments. ;)

Sorry about Churchill. You get a cat instead, they last longer and are pretty much self-cleaning. :)

Anonymous said...

That sounded like an order, didn't it! (But if it works...)

I meant you CAN get a cat instead. My brain is going faster than my fingers can keep up.

Michelle said...

I am sorry 'bout Churchill. You can have my fish. He's about 3 years old now. You can't have any other fish in their with him, however. He'll eat them. He's only a tetra, but he's a meany.

Erudite Redneck said...

Pets are just people dressed in little ... in your case ... fish suits. Iwould miss him, too.

Rain said...

Aww..sorry about Churchill.I did not realize that a goldfish could live so long. =0{

Anonymous said...

I had a beta once...he lived through a lot! Unfortunately, I had to set off bug bombs at my house and forgot to take the appropriate measures to protect him. Poor ol' Albus...