Monday, April 16, 2007

Panic in the aisles

       Okay, I am officially panicking. I don't have enough men to cast the show. Unless I have some show up tomorrow night, the play is off. Our community theater only has a limited number of men, and most of them have bowed out of this production, citing other commitments, family and work obligations, etc. So I don't even have the possibility that they might show up. I'm going to continue to call them and twist some arms, but this play may be ended before it begins. I'm trying to figure out whether I'd be disappointed or relieved. A little of both probably.
      I went to the doctor today. He gave me some antibiotics and had a chest X-ray done. We'll find out what the X-ray shows tomorrow, I think. Man, my throat hurts. Any soothing cures you know of?
      Happy Birthday to Crystal! I had her present delivered Saturday and called her cell phone and sang Happy Birthday on her voice mail today. Jeanne Diane left a birthday tribute to Crystal on her blog (10buck2.blogspot.com). Happy birthday, Crystal! I hope you had a great day and have many more. The best is yet to be.
      Anyway, that's my day. Hope yours was better. Talk to you tomorrow. Night.

4 comments:

Trixie said...

Consider this a gift, Tech. I think God may be telling you it's time for you to take a rest from the theater for a short while and take care of yourself. Not that I'm trying to put a damper on your creative life, just that maybe it's time for a little break so your body can get well!

Anonymous said...

Just take time off form everything! I am sure Trixie did not mean take time off and write for hours and hours or Start a new project either!
Roen

Anonymous said...

Stephen,

Hate to hear you're still feeling ill! Broccoli and cheese soup always makes me feel better. Good luck with potential cast members showing up this evening. I have RCIA, so I probably won't be able to make it.

SBB said...

TL, when can you deliver a guest post telling of your journey from Baptist to Catholic? I think it would be fascinating to read. Let me know when you think you could do it.