Sunday, April 15, 2007

Same as Saturday

      I'm still sick, but maybe a little better. But no news since I did nothing. Oh, I will be directing another play for the local community theater, God help me. Although I'm not sure how He feels about people who deliberately do dumb things. Well, actually I am sure, but I don't want to think about it.
      The play is "Daddy's Dying' Who's Got The Will?" The title makes it sound like some over-the-top redneck comedy. Instead it's a family confronting death and how they deal with it. It's not necessarily a play that I would have chosen to direct, but it is a good play. We only have four weeks of rehearsal on this one, so we'll have to hustle to get it on stage in time. Fortunately the set is already built -- the set for "The Vigil" will require only a little modification to work. I just have to get cast and get them rehearsing.
      And now I'll close. Have a great week. Talk to you tomorrow.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

God helps those who help themselves--so you're skating on thin ice, I'd say! ;)

What possessed you? Someone blackmailing you? Bribing you??

Hope you feel better soon!

SBB said...

No one else would direct it, and the community theater group has to have six plays a season to satisfy their contract with the city. So they begged, bribed and blackmailed me. But this isn't like "The Vigil." This play hits the stage exactly 30 days from today. It will be a quick show. I'm just hoping I can make it a good one.

Anonymous said...

Well, gee, except for the advantage of not needing to build a whole new set, why couldn't they do some other play that someone would direct without bribery? Was this one already advertised?

Just keep in mind, you will not be exempt from posting EVERY DAY. ;)

SBB said...

It's not the play; it's the directing. Everyone else refused. And they're paying me an honorium to do it. And it was already advertised with the play books already purchased.

I am aware of that, but haven't you already broken that agreement? :)

Anonymous said...

Nope, I get a freebie just cuz. :)

Anonymous said...

By the way, if I'm going to post every day, you have to comment every day. ;)

SBB said...

Commenting was not part of the original agreement, and you're hardly in a position of power to reopen negotiations ... Sounds like United Nations, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Oh no? Whose posts whine when they don't get comments? ;)

Anonymous said...

lol quit bickering well go ahead it sounds like the kitty is winning! You are just a glutton for punishment. Maybe the sickness is punishment from your body for taking on the play!
Roen

Anonymous said...

Tech, Hope you feel better soon.
The play sounds great. Good luck.

I left a tribute to Crystal on my
blog. www.10buck2.blogspot.com

JeannieDiane