Monday, September 04, 2006

Onward

      I'm up to 40 "keeper" pages on Murder at the Witch's Cottage. I intend to add another 10 tomorrow since I have mostly the whole day to devote to it. After I have 90 pages -- and hopefully have ended the play -- I will cut 10 pages out, attempting to edit out anything that doesn't advance the story. The final version will run around 80 or so pages.
      I'm basically using two songs to inspire me. "Tubular Bells" by Mike Oldfield and "Skeletons in My Closet" by the Fatman (from the computer game The 7th Guest). The songs are creepy and fun ... if you can put both of those adjectives in the same description. Do you have any creepy, fun, lively music to suggest to me?
      I hope you're having a good weekend. Have any plans for tomorrow? If you're driving, please drive carefully. Every holiday it seems people die on the highways due to drinking. Please don't drink and drive.
      Besides writing this weekend, I've been doing a lot of household chores, working on a few projects for the local theater group and working on the July (!) family newsletter. I should have the July one done this week, and then I'll turn around and do the August one and then the September. I'd like to catch up on them this month. I've actually done four in one month before, but that's a hard month. I shouldn't have any trouble doing three since the July one is half-done already.
      Well, as you can tell, it's late here, and I need to get to bed. Have a great tomorrow, and I'll talk to you then.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Going to bed so early? Get up, sleepy head!