Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Good morning to you, good morning to you ...

      Did you ever sing that song when you were the first grade? "Good morning to you, good morning to you, we're all in our places with bright, smiling faces, good morning to you, good morning to you." I don't know why I thought of it this morning, but it's been running through my head ever since. I have good feelings associated with that song. Once again, I don't know why.
      I have very few memories of when I was young. Just flashes. My memories seem to really start when I was in the third grade. I guess I wandered around in a daze 'til then. Or perhaps I got picked from the cabbage patch around that time. I've always envied people who have tons of vivid memories.
      Rehearsal last night went well. I think it's going to be a good cast. There are a couple of trouble spots, but nothing that we can't fix with some work. Tonight we will rough block Act 2. Then we can get down to the nitty gitty of acting.
      The set is coming along. I forgot to take a photo of it last night, but will try to remember to do so tonight. I try to keep the cast working as much as possible so that they don't get bored. I want them to have a happy, productive time.
      My house is slowly falling into ruin while I've been gone. Clothes and clutter are piling up. I've got to try to excavate my living room this weekend. I need a maid! Several maids. And a ghostwriter, too. And maybe a lovely lady to massage my shoulders. Sigh.
      The big problem in keeping up with my chores and projects is my back. I'm ready for it to be better. Patience has never been one of my virtues, and I'm not developing it now. The back does seem to be better. Or at least I'm learning what does (everything but chewing) and doesn't (chewing) bother it. I'm quite grumpy these days just to warn anyone who hasn't had the misfortune to be around me lately. Just the other day, a guy came up to me and interrupted me to ask what time it was. So I killed him. Twice.
      It's (almost) official, by the way. I won't be participating in NaNoWriMo this year. The play will be November 1-5. I don't think I can make up those five days. I'm still toying with the idea, but I don't see how I realistically could reach the NaNoWriMo goal. I think I might participate, but I will just write daily starting on November 6 and do as much as I can, but not attempt to reach the 50,000 word mark that NaNoWriMo calls for. Unless, of course, the writing soars and I get a couple 10,000 word days (I've actually done one 10,000 word day ... in my life) and then the game will be back on.
      Only 88 more shopping days until Christmas. Thought I'd throw a note of panic into this post. And now I have to get back to work. Talk to you later. Have a wonderful day and tomorrow.

6 comments:

Trixie said...

Tech, this may sound like a heresy, but ... what about just setting your own personal NaNoWriMo dates? No one is taking a blood oath from you about what dates you actually do the writing. How about picking five days in October and writing a little? You could post the words in November when the play is over. I promise I won't call the NaNoWriMo police to report you if you do a little of it before the official start date.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, 88 more days until Christmas? Ack!

Good to read that your play is coming along.

Have a great evening!

Unknown said...

Nanowrimo for next year.

SBB said...

Trixie and FF, I know some people who do just that, but it seems to me to be against the spirit of that madness known as NaNoWriMo. But it is something to thing about it ... if I only had five days in October to devote to it!

SBB said...

I know, Rain, Christmas just seems to come faster every year. Hope your day and weekend go well!

SBB said...

Joel, are you going to participate in NaNoWriMo this year?